Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Snuggly Snails


Hello!

So...remember my thing about puns? I think it's gotten worse. It's not just punny bats anymore. Now it's snails, too.

Lets back up a bit, and I'll explain. 
I've been dealing with a lot of stress lately, from a lot of different sources. One of the ways I deal with stress is to find something cute to make. I wanted something reasonably simple, ideally with few steps, and somehow I found a pattern for a cute little plush snail. (link to pattern site)

First, I made this little guy. 



Cute,  right?

I'm not fully content with it, but as a first attempt, it's not bad. 

Anyway...Becky, my oldest daughter, saw it and loved it, and shared this picture with some friends of hers online...one of whom apparently Loves snails. They apparently post a "snail of the day" on their social media, and Becky shared some of those with me...which started me thinking.

While I was thinking, I made a second snail. 



I'm much happier with this one. (Still working on them, though. Still not quite right.)

I know...there's still no puns, right? Where are the puns that I was talking about in the first place? This story is moving along at a snail's pace. (Sorry. I had to.)

Well...remember the "Snail of the day" posts I mentioned? Becky showed me some of them, and did you know that there are a LOT of different types of snails?

For example...there's a "Bumblebee Snail"! (It's also known as the "Assassin Snail", but it's harder to find assassin-themed fabric. So of course I had to make a Bumblebee snail! Here he is. 



His name is Stabby; because what else am I going to name an assassin bumblebee snail? Isn't he cute?

I'm much happier with Stabby than the first two snails, but I didn't want to stop there...and there are more fun snail names to play with.

The next one I was able ton find fabric for to make is the "Candy Cane" Snail, which is recognizable by its brightly colored stripes.


This little guy doesn't have a name yet, but I'm much happier with how he came out.

Now it's time to think of what other punny little guys I could make. Sea snails? Garden Snails? Those seem obvious, but I'm pretty sure they're in my future.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Snuggly Snails

Hello! So...remember my thing about puns? I think it's gotten worse. It's not just punny bats anymore. Now it's snails, too. Let...